Tuesday, March 20, 2012

36 weeks/Jillian


Everyone keeps pointing out how close I am but 4 weeks feels like FOREVER. I'm afraid time is especially going to drag now that I've lost my buddy Jillian to keep me company. Her aunt is here from Florida to take over, and while it will probably be for the best to take it easy and do less lifting, etc., I am really sad. Yesterday was my last "official" day with her (I'm watching her for a few days in April) and when Kyle got home from work he asked how I was doing. I was too choked up to say anything, but I think the tears streaming down my face gave my answer. My heart melted when he assured me, "I'm sad too." I really love that guy.

And in case I haven't made this clear, we love HER.









Jillian has been a little ray of sunshine in our lives these last 7 months. She has the most contagious smile and laugh. The poor thing suffered terrible reflux when she was smaller, but is now one of the happiest babies I know. She only fusses for us when she's really tired, or when Kyle walks out of the room. (Really. Like, every time.) It's hard to believe that she was a tiny 6 week old when I started watching her. I'm also really going to miss her mommy, I am used to her company as well. Sometimes she would stay for an hour or so in the afternoon just chatting with me. I'm glad we are such good friends and will continue to see them lots. We are already planning craft days and pool parties this summer and I can't WAIT! That baby is not allowed to forget me.

5 comments:

  1. She definitely will NOT forget you!!! We were so blessed to have you watch her! I'm SO looking forward to our summer play dates as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you claim her as your own. Can't wait to see you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, you're still adorable!

    Jillian is such a cute baby. She has the best smile! It really is contagious. I got choked up, reading that YOU got choked up. They were lucky to have you as a babysitter. I know you really did love her as your own, and as a part time working mom, I can definitely vouch that that is what we all dream of finding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great, Kristen, and Jillian is a beautiful baby! Won't be long now!

    ReplyDelete