Saturday, July 14, 2012

Time

Earlier this week I had a day with nothing to do so I literally spent every waking minute being lazy and holding my baby. Dishes stayed piled in the sink and laundry spilled over the hamper. And I have no regrets. I was devastated yesterday morning to hear that my friend's 4 year old niece passed away from Leukemia. I have been following her sister's blog and knew that things weren't going as well as they hoped, but I have been praying and rooting for her along with so many people and really hoped she would make it. I know she is in a better place and is no longer suffering, but my heart is broken for her family and the pain that they are and will continue to go through. It is something that would have affected me at any point in my life, but today it's really hitting home as I sit here holding my baby. I know Bentlee is a daughter of God and He gets to take her back some day. I am so blessed to be given this chance to raise her, and I am going to keep loving her like cazy, spend ridiculous amounts of time holding her, and cherish every day because we never know how much time we have.

2 comments:

  1. Well said. Any time with our children is never wasted. Dishes will wait. I wish I was better at doing this, but any time that I do, I never regret it!

    ReplyDelete