Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas Eve

Christmas came and went so fast this year. I feel like we just put our tree up, and now I'm dreading taking it back down. And can you believe I never even made Christmas goodies to take to our neighbors? I finally had the itch (aka a super big craving) to make sugar cookies the other night. I tried making them look winter-y and not Christmas-y but I still feel silly bringing them to people after Christmas. And nobody would appreciate more goodies right now. So they're sitting on my counter to be devoured by yours truly.

On Christmas Eve we were able to go the Wiggins/Wardell's get together for a couple hours, and then Kyle's family's as well. The W/W's tradition is for the girls to wear a lovely (ugly) Christmas sweater, and the guys wear a sports jersey. When we saw his brother Andy's special sweater that his co-workers made him,
Kyle and I decided to mix things up a little. It's just not as funny on a girl.







Kyle and Janett tied for 1st place which was fun because we didn't even know it was a contest. Kyle's sweater was uglier than Janett's, but she got bonus points her hair, make-up and light-up jewelry.


Lauren, aka Auntie Lala, with the babies. She's leaving for her mission in Sacramento on January 2nd. We're all going to miss her even though she is a baby hog.



The Wiggins and Wardell's gingerbread house competition is....well, competitive. I'm glad I didn't waste my time entering. I'll let you guess which one won (I don't want to rub salt in anyone's wounds). Obviously both were amazing!



I got this for Gracie when she was about Bentlee's age
After the "film festival" where Jared/CoreyTucker/David and Chuck  premiered their short films (which were both hilarious) we headed to Lee and Maxyne's for their annual Christmas Eve party.  Uncle Andy brought dry ice for some cool science experiments with the kids. 





Grandma and Grandpa surprised the kids with really cool homemade gifts. Lee made the older kids their own chests/toy boxes and Maxyne made the younger boys Book of Mormon hero boxes complete with swords and capes. Kyle and I had a surprise from them as well....a 39" flat screen. They were at our house a couple weeks before Christmas and decided it was time for an upgrade. :) We all got spoiled this year. I took pictures on Kyle's phone and have been waiting to post this until I remember to email them to myself, but I give up!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an awesome Christmas. I can't wait to see you in THREE more days!!!!

    ReplyDelete