Tuesday, June 22, 2010

6 months!

Saturday marked our 6 month anniversary. In some ways it's hard to believe it's been that long, but at the same time it feels like we've been in Cali for a long time. In honor of our 6 months together, I came up with 6 things I hear the most from Kyle:

1) "Ugghhh...I'm SO full my stomach hurts." And then, 9 times out of 10 he proceeds to clear his plate or mine. Especially at restaurants-I don't think he likes to pay for food and then leave it sitting there.

2) "I'll do the dishes." He always insists on doing the dishes, even if he's worked all day long and I've had the day off.

3) "Oh man, why did I sleep so late?" I hear this even if it's only 7am-he usually sets his alarm for 6. He's the most productive person I've ever known. He wakes up early and goes to the gym, comes home and reads scriptures, makes phone calls and takes care of other things for school and work, then leaves for work and is usually gone until 7 or 8. Any spare time on Fridays and Saturdays is spent doing homework. I really admire him for his hard work. We found out yesterday that his student teaching is officially approved-he will be starting in August at a high school in Redlands (15 min away) which we are very excited about.

4) "You spent $ ___ on groceries?" He never gives me a hard time or is mad about it, but he's always surprised at how much it costs. He used to spend $20 a week on groceries-he literally lived on bread, eggs, milk, string cheese, bananas, chicken, and rice. He would probably be okay with eating like that again, but I need variety! And by variety I mean actual meals, which definitely means more money.

5) "How was your day?" This is a phrase that will never get old. It's great to know he cares about each day of mine and how it goes. I love hearing about his day also. After working with 70 and 80 year olds all day he usually has a good story or two. They can be pretty rude to him sometimes, but his positive attititude never ceases to amaze me. A lady can give him the finger, or even chase after him to his car, and he laughs. I almost cry just hearing about it.

6) "I love you." Kyle is such a sweet husband and he shows his love for me all the time, but it's still great to hear those three words. I love him so much and hope someday we'll be alive to celebrate 6 decades together.

I asked him to name some things I say a lot and this is what he said:

1) "Stop cleaning!" Weird I know, but since he's so busy with school and work and I'm so NOT busy with work, it doesn't make any sense for him to do the cleaning when I have so much time on my hands. Not to mention it makes me feel ultra lazy when he squeezes it in among 20 other things, while I have nothing else to do. He used to sneak it in while I was gone, but now, especially on days I know he has a lot to do, I make him promise he won't clean anything.

2) "Don't do the laundry." I know, I know. I promise I'm not as controlling as I sound-it's just that I'm super picky about how my laundry is done. I like the colors separated, such as whites, grays/blues, pinks/reds, and darks. (He throws everything in together!) But more importantly, I hang about a third of my clothes up to dry to prevent shrinkage, so it's just easier and safer if I do the laundry.

3) "PLEASE, don't do the laundry!" He's so funny isn't he?

4) "Will you pop my back?" He's pretty darn good at this. I don't let anyone else do it.

5) "Ewww delete that picture."

8 comments:

  1. Awwww......very sweet post. You two are such a cute couple. lol to Kyle's quotes about you. I'm so glad you're so happy. :)

    And "Yay!" about Kyle's student teaching!!!

    Dad's always still amazed by how much everything costs too. Mostly he just doesn't ask!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 6 months!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was the most clever and creative post ever! You are one lucky girl. Makes me want to think of some of our repeated phrases after 4 years....they might be slightly different :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are so cute. I am so glad youre in our family!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really wish that we had more time to get to know Kyle - everything you tell us about him makes him sound so great! I'm glad that you are so happy with him and that he is so good to you!! And speaking of all of this free time you say you have, when is a good time for our phone date??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved these. Lol to the last one, and an even bigger lol to Lindsey's comment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ditto to Stephanie's comment! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this. It makes me happy! I don't know if I can come up with 6 things Josh says all the time... It's weird to think that way. :) Very cute post though and congrats for making it past 6 months! (I know I'm late, but I'm just now stalking your blog!)

    ReplyDelete