Friday, October 15, 2010

Tom and Paula

My dad's brother and his wife vacationed in California a couple weeks ago which was exciting for us because we were able to spend time with them. They live in Colorado and it had been a while since I had seen them and it was the first time for Kyle. We met them in Palm Springs and had a really yummy dinner at a mexican restaurant and then went to their condo in Palm Desert. They had an extra bedroom in their condo and invited us to stay with them which was so much fun. We stayed up late playing Euchre, a card game that only Michiganders seem to know that I really miss playing it. It was one of the first things my family taught Kyle. The next morning Kyle and my Uncle Tom played tennis and then we all relaxed and hung out by the pool. Later in the week I was able to spend the day at Disneyland/California Adventure with them and we had a blast. They have always been so much fun. My aunt Paula is up for anything and Tom is such a good sport that he at least pretends to be even if he's not. (He did put his foot down when it came to the "It's a small world" ride and the Snow white ride). Tom was cracking me up the whole time I was with him because his mannerisms and facial expressions are identical to my dad's. They are both funny guys. Made me miss my dad even more. Anyway, I had so much fun with my aunt and uncle and was so glad they invited us to be a part of their vacation. It meant so much to me.


3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had fun! Thanks for posting pictures. I always think the same thing when I'm around either of Dad's brothers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the last pic of your uncle and Kyle I can so see your dad standing like that and the facial expression!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Kyle always has something to do with who ever is around, i.e. tennes, fishing etc. Sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete