Sunday, October 10, 2010

Update

Kyle came home with great news last week. His career is taking a turn as he was just offered a job with Merrill Lynch! The interviewing process didn't take long and was a little overwhelming for us because in just a matter of days we had to make the decision of whether or not to stay in California for now. We hope our family and friends know we didn't take that decision lightly. We miss you all so much and it isn't easy being away from you. That being said, it is an amazing opportunity for him, and after talking and praying about it, we decided if he was giving the offer he wouldn't turn it down. The next thing we knew, Kyle was taking tests and meeting with the head honcho in Palm Desert who offered him the job on the spot! I think it sounds like the perfect job for him. One thing I've learned about Kyle over the last couple years is he is always up for a challenge, and loves to take on and learn new things. Like everything else he excels at, I know he will put forth the effort needed and will have fun doing it. It sounds like the training is pretty intense- he will have to study and take several test in order to get all of licensing he needs. They're putting him to work already in a few weeks. He'll start studying during his "free time". I'm so excited for him, and proud of all of his accomplishments. And I am especially grateful for our Heavenly Father's Hand in this. It was neat because we fasted a few weeks ago for more success with work, and he happened to get his first interview that week. It is definitely a huge blessing in our life right now, especially because we will receive full benefits starting right away.

On a duller note, I'm still not feeling up to par and my job is not getting busier like I was hoping it would now that fall is here. I've been thinking about looking for something else, but the idea bums me out. I really like the spa that I'm at and was hoping to build a steady clientele. I don't like giving up, and I'll feel like a failure it I do so. At the same time, I'm not making much money and that's not so fun. If I were feeling better I would just look for a second job and do both, but I think I need to focus what little energy I have on just one job right now. One nice thing about the spa is that we have several different ways of marketing. I've been going to LA Fitness every other week and doing complimentary seated massages and handing out business cards, and I'm a part of a few different networking groups that meet together and help each other refer business. These things are in the evenings and it would be hard to get another job while trying to get more business at the spa. Also, I'm not sure where to look for a job. I'm afraid it would be hard to get flexible hours at a restaurant or store during the Holidays. We're going to MI for a week for Thanksgiving, and to Utah for 5 days for Christmas.

Between the lack of work and the low energy, it has been easy to get pretty down. I'm taking several supplements packed with different vitamins and I have noticed a slight increase in energy. Today was the best so far, so I'm really hoping it continues to get better. I decided I needed some projects to keep me busy and make me feel better, so I've been making crafts with a couple friends, and I've also started piano lessons! It's something I have always wanted to do, and I decided there won't be a better time than now. Our Stake Relief Society President is in our ward and we are trading lessons for massages. I have a keyboard I borrowed from my brother (which I'm hoping he doesn't want back anytime soon) so I will practice on that between lessons. I love it so far- my goal is to be playing Christmas music by December. I've also started couponing with my friend Lindsey and we are having a blast doing it. We have added a lot to our food storage and most of it was free or practically free. I've been saving between 50% and 90% on my grocery trips. The other day we went to Rite Aid and got 10 bags of candy for a $5 profit. Love it!

One thing that is helping me get out of bed in the morning is knowing my sister and her family are coming to visit in just 9 days!! I'm sooo looking forward to that. I can't WAIT to take my niece to Disneyland and meet princesses for the first time. We are also anticipating a visit from Ryan and Stacy's family in November which we are also soooo excited about.

And last but definitely not least, we have a new niece! Tabitha Amy Haskell. She was only 5 lbs 14 oz and she's so adorable! We haven't seen her yet (and it's killing me!) but I stole this picture from Stacy's facebook. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment