Thursday, June 23, 2011

The best things last forever.

I have heard my boss say on many occasions, "Good things always come to an end." She said this to me personally when I gave her my two weeks notice. I suppose it is an ending for her, as her steady flow of money from my eyelash extensions will come to an abrupt end. For me, however, it is the start of something great. And I know that it doesn't matter where I am, or even what I am doing, as long as I always keep the relationships I have with the people I love.

I would be lying if I said that Kyle and I have been equally excited about this move. Not because I have had reservations about Utah. I love Utah and I LOVE our family and friends there. However, unlike Kyle, I am leaving a job and coworkers that I have come to love here. Not to mention our ward and friends in Yucaipa. We were both sad to leave them. While I have liked every ward I've been in, I don't know that any will ever compare to this one. They have truly been our family away from family, and as cliche as this sounds, there will always be a special place in my heart for them. These were both on my list of "cons" (yes, we really did make a list), but the #1 is leaving my friend Lindsey.

To say that we "click", or even that she has become one of my best friends is an understatement. She and I use the acronym LYLAS lightly, but I really do love her like a sister. I can be myself around her 100% without worrying what she's going to think of me. While my mom and sister were only a phone call away, Lindsey made up for those times I needed a physical shoulder to cry on about silly things that only girls understand. She makes me laugh without even trying to. She's there when I need someone to watch mindless TV shows like the Bachelor with, and for (many) times I need someone to eat Cafe Rio with. I can admit that I'm too lazy to go to the store and ask for a stick of butter, and she'll give me a whole box. I can rely on her to help me with anything, and believe her when she says she wants to. She truly could not be a better friend and I will miss her and her family more than words can say. But no matter the distance between us, they will always be a huge part of my life. A life that is better with them in it.

The best things in life don't end, because the best things in life are the people we can count on and the experiences and memories we gain because of them. For me, those people are my family and my good friends. While moving was one of the hardest things I have ever done, I know it will be okay because I will always have a part of Yucaipa with me. We have made friendships that will last forever. I also know I will be okay because I have the best darn husband in the whole world and our marriage is going to last an eternity. When I have bad days (and I have had a lot of them lately) I think to myself, "But I have Kyle." It's hard to keep feeling sorry for myself when I remember that I have him forever.

4 comments:

  1. Awwwww I do LYLAS, girl. And I am now wearing an oversized msu shirt to prove it. I still can't believe you're really gone. Everything you said times a hundred. Angry m&m's and all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a beautiful post! And I'm glad you have a wonderful husband and good friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to make me cry! I've never even met Lindsey but I'm so sad for you that you had to be seperated!! Love you Cuz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a beautiful post. And how sad that your boss thinks that all good things must come to an end.

    ReplyDelete