Tuesday, August 30, 2011

LAKE MICHIGAN!

I did it. Kyle and I have been together for almost 3 years and it wasn't until last week that I finally brought him to Lake Michigan. Every other time we had been home it was too cold. I flew in a few days before him to do eyelash extensions and attend my cousin Brianne's baby shower. He arrived on Saturday and we took off Monday for 4 days of camping in Ludington, my family's favorite spot. We had a nice campsite not too far from the state park. The weather could have been better, but also could have been worse. We were able to spend at least an hour each day on the beach, and with the wind the way it was, that was enough for me. My brother-in-law couldn't make it because of work which was a bummer, but we still had lots of fun. It was pretty comical to see how fast the girls were able to cover themselves in dirt each morning, but also a little scary because once in a while Gracie liked to taste the rocks she found. Our site was right next to a sandy playground and I think our actual site had more sand than grass. We went to the beach a couple different nights to watch the sunset. Here is a video of Kyle touching the lake for the first time.


Gracie showed a little more excitement.

And so did Steph....

Pictures to come once I figure out how to upload them on our new camera...

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I forgot you captured that on video. Note to self: when Kristen actually gets around to updating her blog, you may be embarassed...

    ReplyDelete