Monday, August 29, 2011

Kick the can

I spent an hour a couple weeks ago on this same post only to have it deleted when my computer did something weird. So annoying! The pictures aren't the best quality because they're on my phone (again) but hopefully this is the last time because Kyle surprised me with a new camera last week! This may be a shorter version than the original post as I have lots of catching up to do after our recent vaca.

This illustrates another typical day with the fam. Kyle and our nieces and nephews began a game of war, and I loved how seriously the boys took it. Even the little ones!










The girls are never afraid to join in, but this day they had something else on their agenda. Picking and replanting acorns.




I'm not sure who "won" but when the war was over, Kyle taught them all how to play kick the can. Brought back memories for me of my cousins and sister and I playing in my parents driveway.
The "can" was a ball. Made for a slightly dangerous game. I eventually joined in and could barely beat the kids to the ball. I blame the altitude....

And this is what Maddox looked like soon after we all came inside:


No comments:

Post a Comment