Sunday, July 31, 2011

Update

We have been having so much fun here. It has been 6 weeks since we've moved and time has flown. I was in MN and MI for 18 days when my dad had his surgery, so for me it especially doesn't seem like we have been here long. Aside from looking at places to live, we have been busy catching up with friends and family. The weekend of the 24th we went to a baseball game, watched fireworks, went boating with friends, and went to the Spanish Fork rodeo. Kyle's neighbor/family friend is ranked #3 in the nation for bucking horses so were able to watch him, as well as several other high-ranking performers. It was pretty cool.

I am slowly building an eyelash clientele here, and even in Orangeville which is a couple hours away and where my BFF Ashley lives. It will be fun to have an excuse to see her and her family every month. My plan is still to fly to MI every 4 weeks for about 5 days to do lashes. I have almost too many lashes to do there, I am trying to figure out how to get everyone in. I won't be doing that forever, but at least until I have a baby well on the way, or if I get a lot busier here. My friend Whitney is a school teacher and in about 6 weeks I will start watching her new baby when she goes back to work. I am really excited about that! I will continue doing eyelashes and massages on the side.

Kyle's job is going well. He is really enjoying the office here better than in California. He has been planning seminars each week and really working hard at what he does. And he looks extra handsome when he leaves for work all dressed up, cuff links and all.

My dad is doing really well. He is going to start going back to work at least for half days this week. He still isn't supposed to do any lifting over 10 lbs for 4 more weeks. For those who haven't heard, we found out that he doesn't need chemo so we are extremely relieved about that! As hard as it was being away from Kyle for so long, I'm really glad I was there with my mom and dad when he had his surgery and was able to help after. I will never regret that trip and the special time I spent with parents. It is always hard seeing my daddy scared and in pain, but definitely better to be there than worry about him 1600 miles away. And a shout out to the most supportive husband in the world. I know it wasn't easy for him to have me gone for so long, yet he understood it was where I needed to be. Coming home to him was great, and the time apart made us both appreciate each other even more. I think I received more "mushies" from him in 18 days than I have heard all year, and I have to admit, it feels great to be missed. We vowed that from here on out, our time apart will be kept to one week maximum. I told my dad that means he is to remain healthy!

It is hard to believe I get to go back to Michigan already in just a couple weeks! I am flying there on Tuesday the 16th to do lashes until Saturday, and then Kyle arrives and we are spending the following week camping in Ludington and staying on Mackinac Island with the fam. Can you believe that after almost 3 years together, my husband has yet to see Lake Michigan?? Can't WAIT.

2 comments:

  1. We really appreciate having you here, and we really appreciate Kyle too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to tell you that I figured out how to solve the problem of why I couldn't comment. Now I don't remember all the things I wanted to comment on, because I've been awake for way too many hours and my brain is mush. But I love you and can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete