Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Oh Cali

I feel like Ashley from the Bachelorette, the way I can't stop talking about California. Since you didn't get your weekly dose of "Oh Bentley", you can hear me ramble instead....

The "small" things I will miss about California:
  • Beautiful sunsets EVERY night
  • The weather
  • Disposable toilet seat covers (It must be a law-they're in every public bathroom)
  • The weather
  • The beach
  • Disneyland (Our annual passes made for the best date nights)
  • The weather
  • Our gym (Fitness 19. Had the best aerobics classes with the best instructor and I made great friends, most of them in their 60's and 70's)

The "small" things that I will not miss:
  • TRAFFIC
  • Nutrition facts (This must also be a law-every restaurant, even fast food, displays the calories next to each item on the menu. Really, who wants to know this??)
  • Earthquakes (It has been months since we felt one, but we noticed them all the time when we first got there. I was beginning to wonder if a big one was building up)
  • Gas prices, rent, paying for parking everywhere we go, movie theater prices, you get the idea....

(I will probably be adding to this as time goes on)

1 comment:

  1. So the bad news is that you don't have the option of having a disposable toilet seat everywhere you go. The good news is you aren't surrounded by people with dirty butts anymore.

    We are sad that you won't live by Disney anymore either. Did I ever tell you that it took Skyler a couple of weeks to catch onto that? Her first reaction was actually, "Oh good! Now Kiki can have snow for Christmas!" And then she said something about how she wished all the children could have snow for Christmas. It was random, but sweet.

    July 5, 2011 6:30 PM

    ReplyDelete