Sunday, July 31, 2011

Finally!

After months of looking in California and now Utah, we have a home!! With the help from my contractor father-in-law we found we had several options here in Utah, which made the process much harder and a little overwhelming for us (in a good way). Kyle's dream has always been for he and his dad to build a house together in Elk Ridge. We thought of doing that right away, partly because we don't know how long his dad will be building houses. However, with Kyle working 40 minutes away, and with me baby-sitting my friend's new baby (yay!) in Provo, we realized that wasn't so logical. And I decided I'm really not ready to take on the responsibility of choosing every little detail for a home. I was much more excited about finding something already built that I could see Kyle and I making our second home in. We considered renting until we do want to build someday, we looked at houses, and we looked at townhouses/condos. We even considered building a townhouse and renting the other units. Aye aye aye.

The decision for me was an easy one once we looked here:

Because not only did I fall in love with the townhouse itself, the amenities include a pool and hot tub, a clubhouse (where I can throw parties), and a movie theater room (more parties). The house is unfinished so we were able to pick out our own flooring, counters and paint which was really fun. And, we get the best of both worlds....we decided to do our own tiling in the bathrooms, laundry room, and entry way so Kyle and his dad are working on that together!

Ryan
Predictable























Kyle's friend Todd














Kyle has great friends, many of which are his family. Friday night his dad and brother Ryan stayed until 9:00 helping, and on Saturday when we thought it was going to be just us and Lee working, Ryan and two of his friends showed up without us even asking for help. They put in a LONG day of work-we owe them! Once we finish the tiling, the builder will finish everything else and we should be able to move in the end of August. So excited!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you! That place looks awesome. I like how you are scheming parties and more parties. You are so funny. Um, I hope we catch you before you travel across the country again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful! Can't wait to see it in person. That's great you've had so much help.

    ReplyDelete