Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas

I never finished posting about Michigan. It was great to spend so much time with family. They tried hard keeping Kyle busy, knowing he isn't used to having so much free time. He went hunting with my dad one day. (I won't tell about how Kyle missed a deer.) We went to a varsity basketball game with my dad. We also went to East Lansing one night and went to BWW's and the MSU basketball game with Steph, Mitch, and my dad. We definitely didn't have the best seats in the house, but it was fun!















One of the highlights, of course, was our baby shower. It was so great to see so many friends and family We celebrated Christmas with the Hinton clan the Sunday before Christmas so that everyone could be there. Since we flew back to Utah on Christmas day (due to much cheaper flights) and Steph had to work that day, we opened presents with my immediate family Christmas Eve morning, and then spent the afternoon and evening at my Grandma Vibber's, which has always been our tradition.



























































I can't bring myself to post the one and only picture I took with my parents because I look awful. But it's saved on my computer for when I may appreciate it in the future. :) I took the picture of Gracie pointing to herself when I asked her who loves Aunt Kiki. Precious. I was especially emotional this Christmas. It seemed like almost every gift opened brought tears to my eyes! Like the webcam for our parents from baby Haskell, the recordable book for baby Haskell from my parents (my parents took turns reading each page), the book "A Home for a Bunny" for Baby Haskell from my mom (my favorite growing up) and the porcelain doll for Skyler from my Grandma V (she used to get my sister and I those). I have been lucky to have been able to make it home several times this year, so it was especially sad for me to leave this time because we won't be coming back again until the summer. On a brighter note, my parents and sister are planning on coming here in April when the baby comes. Can't WAIT.

Other than making my brother-in-law wake up before the crack of dawn to shuttle us to the airport Christmas morning, the timing worked out well because we arrived back in Utah in time for Christmas brunch with the Haskell's. We spent the rest of the day and evening just chatting with family. It was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment