Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Pixie

Between my favorite restaurants and favorite meals and treats of my mom's, we always eat way too much when we come home. I didn't make this situation any better this week when I suggested taking Kyle to The Pixie in Mt. Pleasant. The Pixie is a small old fashioned diner famous for their coney dogs and bitty burgers. Not because they are especially delicious, but because if you eat so many of them you get your name on a tiny litle plaque that is forever displayed on their wall. I knew Kyle would be up for the challenge, so we loaded up our nieces whom we had for the day, drove to Mt. Pleasant and did a little shopping, then met my dad for lunch. Kyle had to eat a minimum of 10 "bitty" burgers which he did effortlessly. He ordered an 11th just for fun, and could have eaten more if he didn't have to pay for them. I have been eating like a cow during my 2nd trimester, but walked out feeling skinny after stopping at just 1 bitty burger and some fries. I can't say that I've ever eaten only an eleventh of what Kyle ate.































































































































In this last picture they are admiring the wall. The record holder in 1992 ate 30 burgers! We didn't ask what the record is now but maybe next time Kyle will go for it. :)

1 comment:

  1. Just got caught up on your Holidays! Love it, looks like you had so much fun. I can't wait to see the nursery. I am way excited, I have Brynlee coming on Thursday for a sleepover, YAY!
    Sorry I missed the movie Friday night, I was so very unorganized for the Baptism, even after I went to 4 different stores that night I came home and realized I did have white underwear that certain people needed! 2012 is my year to get ORGANIZED! But I missed you, need to plan something soon, LoveME

    ReplyDelete