Friday, December 2, 2011

Black Friday

Kyle and I had our Black Friday all planned, and it was going great until I got him out of bed at 4:30 to hit up Staples at 5. We had barely made it out of our driveway when it occured to me that I may have gotten the 5:00 time confused with Babies R Us. After checking the ad on my phone, we made a U turn and headed back home. I let Kyle go back to sleep, and then ventured off alone for a couple hours.

The big (and first) thing on my Black Friday list this year was a glider/rocker. Babies R Us was our back up in case we didn't like the ones at Shopko, which we did. It swivels, glides, AND reclines and was only $89, regularly $260! It's no big comfy lazy boy which I would probably prefer, but it will fit in our living room much better and was definitely a good price. We were really surprised we walked out with it, because we were wimps and refused to stand outside in the cold so there were hundreds and hundreds of people in the store before us. We got there at 11:45 and waited in our car until we saw the line start moving. I could not believe all the people who did the same thing but then proceeded to CUT in front of those poor people who had been waiting HOURS. Despite the yellow tape, the protests, and yelling, they really just barged up there like they owned the place and ducked under the tape to run inside. It made me kind of sick. How do people sleep at night? We had driven by a few hours earlier and there were already several people in line. They were sacrificing part of their Thanksgiving to get their children Christmas gifts, and these cruel people who show up at midnight think it's funny and okay to push them out of their way? Ewwww.

But I still left happy.



















The other thing on our list was a $230 5-piece luggage set at Kohl's for $45 (after a $10 mail-in rebate). My brilliant husband looked this one up online at 10 pm and it was the same deal! I STILL got my $15 Kohl's cash, didn't have to brave the store, and saved money doing so because I always walk out of there with extra things on BF. I got home around 8 am, slept for a few more hours (we had napped from 1:30-4:30), made a big breakfast/lunch with Kyle, and then I spent the rest of the day with the ladies. It had been a few years since I'd been able to share my aunt's BF tradition, which is usually dinner and a movie after a long day of shopping and then an overnighter at our friend Janett's to wrap presents and watch Christmas movies. I didn't sleep over, but I had lots of fun. I love this time of year!! I can't believe there are only 3 weeks until Christmas. We leave for MI two weeks from today and I cannot wait!!!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to have you here!!

    And yeah, totally disgusting how rude people can be right in the face of others who are following the rules!

    ReplyDelete