Friday, December 2, 2011

Thanksgiving

This year was our first time spending Thanksgiving with the Haskell's. Two of his brothers went to their in-laws so it wasn't the whole group, but we had a really nice day and stuffed ourselves silly. I didn't bring my camera, so these are lame phone pictures.

We ended the evening with a large game of UNO that got pretty intense. I think a total of 6 water glasses were tipped over. I love that some of our nieces and nephews are old enough to play games!

It is never a problem finding ways to be thankful, and this year is no different. We are incredibly blessed. My mother-in-law gave us instructions to go around the table and each say one thing we are grateful for. I'm glad we only had to say one, otherwise my poor family would have sat there all day listening to me. Aside from this creature growing inside of me, which is definitely at the top of the list, there are almost too many to count. We have the greatest family. In Michigan and in Utah. One of my highlights each day is checking our family blog that I have with my mom, sister, aunts, and cousins. They were all my closest friends growing up, still are today, and always will be. We also have the greatest friends. In Michigan, California, and Utah. It is fun to make friends together, and we are also becoming closer with each other's friends. Kyle has had the same group of friends since elementary school, and it's really cool how close they still are. With almost everyone married there are about 15 of us and we get together all the time, even for birthdays. Not only are we blessed with a brand new home, but also with steady jobs, mine of which is the best job EVER, and also a side job that I really enjoy as well. I couldn't ask for a more amazing husband. He is so patient, even lately with my occasional mood swings. Instead of getting annoyed or frustrated with me, he tries to cheer me up and make me laugh. He is so thoughtful and caring and is always putting me first. For my birthday this year he spoiled me rotten, but what meant most to me was the little journal he gave me about our life together so far. Starting from the day we first met until now. It is several pages long filled with both funny and serious memories, and is the sweetest gift I have ever received. I've never cried and laughed at the same time so hard in my life. He's the best. Like I said, I could go on and on, but these are just a few of the things I have been especially grateful for.

1 comment: