Thursday, April 12, 2012

My mom is here!!

.....baby isn't....

In the middle of the night last Friday I started having contractions 5 minutes apart, but they weren't painful so I didn't really know if it meant anything. After an hour and a half they started getting even closer together so I called the on call doctor and asked what I should do. She said to go in right away, that it sounded to her like the real thing. They kept me hooked up for an hour and a half because the first hour it looked like something was happening, but after that they started going away and we were sent home. In the meantime I had text my mom to let her know we were going to the hospital, and I was curious what the flight schedule was like. (She's had it memorized every day). She called and told me, "If I leave in an hour I can make it there by 10:30 this morning. I'm coming!" So, we left the hospital, and picked up my mom a few hours later. :)

I am so, so glad she's here. It has been a little frustrating this week because I keep thinking it's going to happen and it doesn't. Every day that goes by is another day my mom won't have with her granddaughter, and another day that I won't have her help. After another sleepless night of painful contractions that never became regular, I was especially frustrated this morning. I felt better after my mom assured me that she is feeling great about the way things have worked out. We have both loved spending the week together, and spending so much time with her sisters. I think disappointing her was what I was most worried about. We both believe things happen for a reason, and I'm sure this is all falling into place the way it is supposed to, I just need to keep being reminded of this. I have also felt much better since learning that I will be induced on Saturday if she hasn't made her appearance by then. My doctor doesn't normally work weekends but is willing to induce me since she has been on vacation and because she knows my mom is here. We are so excited!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I just heard this update from Steph today...you can make it two more days! (Although I know you wish it was sooner). Can't wait to meet her :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting sweetie! I just caught up on your most recent posts, and it totally brought me back to that time 6 months ago, right before Selah was born. I'm glad you and Kyle are enjoying so much spontaneous time together, and that movie theater looked like so much fun! And yes, the hospital is the perfect place to dress up Bentlee as much as you want :) I brought a lot of outfits too, partially because I didn't know how big Selah would be and what would fit her. We didn't use half of what we packed for all of us, haha... I can't wait to get the text or message or whatever that says she is here! You are going to do GREAT!

    ReplyDelete