Monday, April 30, 2012

Bentlee

I can't believe my baby is over 2 weeks old! Time is flying by and while the scale at the doctor's office on Friday showed only a 6 oz weight gain, I swear her face is getting chubbier! She is also measuring an inch longer which does make sense because she's already outgrowing her newborn onesies. Sad. So far she is SUCH a good baby. Other than waking up to eat, she sleeps all day and all night. The other day Kyle and I were both really tired so we all went to bed at 9:30. She surprised us and only woke up twice, at 12:30 and 5:30. She was STILL sleeping at 10:15 the next morning so I finally woke her up to feed her. I know it probably won't always be this easy, but so far it is a piece of cake. Kyle and I get such a kick out of the funny little faces and noises she makes. We pretty much think she's the best thing in the entire world. She smiles in her sleep all the time which I know aren't "real" smiles but I love them. I'm a freak and I have this weird, weird, thing where I worry that Bentlee is unhappy. She usually has this incredibly bored look on her face like she hates her life! I can't wait until she starts smiling for real. Kyle tried making me feel better by explaining that her face is just relaxed, and them showed me his own "relaxed face" (the most pathetic look ever) to prove it. It made me laugh, but didn't really make me feel better, My favorite thing she does is when she's eating, sometimes she makes a loud slurping sound that scares herself and she jumps. It's sooo funny.    

My parents left last Sunday. We won't talk about that. I wouldn't be able to put into words how much it meant to me having them here, and how hard it was watching them leave.

But I do have to tell them again how much I appreciate all their help and their company. My mom was here for 16 days. I don't think I washed a single dish or made any sort of meal during that time. We were able to spend a whole week together before Bentlee was born. We spent lots of time with her sisters, eating at our favorite restaurants and going to movies. I've missed Girl's nights with my mom! My dad flew in on Sunday, the day we came home from the hospital. It was so great having them both here and seeing them with their granddaughter. My dad assured me several times that he was perfectly content just hanging around our house with Bentlee all week, but Kyle and I knew he would be more than content with a fishing trip or two. So, they went fly fishing on float tubes one day with a guide (Kyle bid on this at our ward auction hoping it would work out to take my dad when he was here) and they went up to Strawberry with Kyle's dad another day. Besides that, lunch at JCW's, a scenic drive up Payson canyon, and 4 trips to get Bentlee's blood drawn for her jaudice, we didn't do a whole lot that week except love on this cute baby. We did go on our first date when Bentlee was a week old. We went to Goodwood BBQ with my parents, Linda, Martin, Lisa, Chuck, Jenn, and Joey. Grandma and Grandpa Haskell were her first baby-sitters!

The Haskell family is loving her. Our nieces and nephews are always excited to hold her. Peyton, who is 4, usually lasts about 30 seconds until his arm gets tired. Tyler and Ashley just had their baby on Monday, so we have an adorable new nephew! Nixon Lee.

Someday when Bentlee is old enough to understand, I can't wait to tell her the story of her birth, the lengths her nana went to in order to make it here in time, and how excited we were for her arrival.



More pictures to come soon! I'm trying to figure out how to do a collage of them.

3 comments:

  1. We loved being there! I'm glad she's being so good for you. She's definitely a sweetheart.

    Reading this brought back all the emotion of witnessing her birth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting for an update! Glad to hear things are going so well!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 DAYS!!! I am dying. You might want to get your fill of her now, because come Saturday, you won't hold her again. (Except to feed her.) :)

    ReplyDelete