Monday, July 19, 2010

Random updates

We have been wanting to go on a late honeymoon since we never really did. The last we talked about it, we agreed to maybe go to San Fransisco for a couple of days instead. However, long story short- Kyle kind of surprised me the other day and booked a five day all inclusive trip to CANCUN!! We leave on August 16, which is Kyle's birthday. We're so excited! We've been looking at pictures online and it looks beautiful. It will be our last little hurrah before Kyle starts his student teaching. He's going to be crazy busy at that point-teaching all day and selling insurance until dark.

This isn't very exciting, but it's the only other thing that I can think of that is new with us. I finally brushed up on an old card game my cousins and siblings and I used to love playing. It's called Hand and Foot. I taught it to Kyle and we've been playing it in our spare time Like, literally, we play it every night. That and Skip-Bo. He had NEVER played Skip-Bo until last week. That is just crazy to me. We are still making more friends which has been fun. They are mostly from church. There's a new couple that moved in recently that we've been hanging with and another new couple that just moved in are coming over Friday night for games and dessert.

I've also been reading a lot. I sort of go in spurts with reading and I hadn't been for a long time-not since Breaking Dawn and before that it was probably New Moon. When my family came to visit in March, my mom brought books with her and I remembered that I liked to read too. So I've picked up on it again. My favorite author is Nicholas Sparks and right now I'm reading "Three Weeks with my Brother". It's a true story about a trip around the world that he takes with his brother and they reminisce about their childhood. It's really good-I highly recommend it. Work is still pretty slow, but getting a little better for me. Kyle's doing well. He recently switched to a new insurance company and it's working out great. We are still loving it here, despite the heat. It's been over 100 degrees AND humid here. And our so-called swamp cooler isn't making our apartment very cool. We love all the friends we have and all the fun things to do. Today I went with a couple girls and their kids to a fun pool that's just $2 to get in to. Last Monday on my day off I went to the beach with Laura and her kids. My favorite thing about the beach is seeing dolphins. I'm not sure if I didn't notice them before, or if they just weren't as close to shore, but the last couple times I've been to the beach we've seen lots.

Since I don't have a picture to go with this randomness, I'll post a picture of the pretty sunflowers Kyle just brought home for me. Have I mentioned how sweet my husband is??



I just remembered...I DO have a picture for this post. In fact, it's perfect because it's of us playing cards outside one night because we couldn't stand the heat in our apartment. No matter how hot it is during the day, it always cools way down in the evenings. Thank goodness for that and for our patio!

2 comments:

  1. If you don't have them already, get some fans to put in or by your windows to suck in that cool air in the evenings and early mornings. :)

    The parrots are very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts always make me so excited for you and Kyle and the life you have together! That is so awesome about your upcoming vacation and relearning Hand and Foot! Troy and I are a tad behind on that, so once I look into it more, I'll have to come to you with questions :)

    ReplyDelete