Thursday, July 8, 2010

VaCaTioN!!

We were lucky to take a 12 day vacation last month and it was fabulous. The original plan was to go to Utah for our nephew Stockton's baptism, then to MI for a week, and then back to Utah for Kyle's best friend's wedding. Our trip was extended, however, when Kyle's brother Tyler and his wife Ashley invited us to join them in Lake Powell with Ashley's family for a few days. It was my first time and it was even better than I hoped. The pictures don't do it justice, but you can get the idea. I was in heaven, I think I could have stayed there all summer.
Next we were in Utah for just a day for Stockton's baptism. He was the first grandchild to be baptized. He looked so darn handsome, and I didn't get a picture of him to post.
That same afternoon we flew from Salt Lake to Detroit. My day was complete after snuggling with my precious new niece. It was love at first sight, and that love grew every day that week. It was really hard to leave her. I don't even want to think about how big she's going to be next time I see her. Gracie was blessed the day after we flew in. We were happy to be there for that and thankful that Steph and Mitch planned it for when we would be there. I saw my my really good friend Katie and her twin boys so that was exciting. I hadn't seen the boys in a long time. I also spent a lot of time with my Grandma Vibber who I have always been really close to. I lived with her for a year in 2007 and it's been hard to live so far away from her after growing up in the same town and then living with her. It's just as hard to leave her as it is to leave my parents, siblings, and nieces. We spent the rest of the week at my parents spending time with the fam and playing with Skyler. Kyle was so great with her. She absolutely adores him. I was hoping to take Kyle to Lake Michigan one day, but we didn't have a hot day. It stayed around 70 and would have been pretty chilly. We just went to Higgin's Lake instead which is one of our family's favorite lake. It's about an hour north of Alma. My family has spent a lot of time at this lake-my uncle's family has a cabin there and we've stayed with them several summers, and we've also camped at the state park. It's a really clean lake, and different than most. You have to walk out forever before it gets deep. You can tell in the pictures where it gets really deep-where the water changes from light blue to dark blue. It was pretty chilly there the day we went. None of us really got in the water. But Kyle and Skyler were warm enough to build a pretty cool sand castle.

We visited my Aunt Daisy who is turning 107 next month. She's amazing.
My best friend from High School and her daughter Reese.
We attempted a picture of my grandma with her great-grandchildren but it was impossible to get them all to cooperate.


2 comments:

  1. I love how Skyler is looking at Kyle in the picture at the picnic table. Those are really cute of you and her in the car too! All good pics. It was a really fun week when you were here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lake Powell does look like heaven! A houseboat is the way to do it. Forget pitching a tent in the rocky middle of nowhere and hiding all your barf bags under rocks (ok maybe it isn't quite like that for everyone...I was just pregnant and my experience with Lake Powell was the worst weekend of my life). Your pictures make me want to try it again though. And I'm SOOOO jealous that you got to go to Michigan. I'm just aching for home this summer. I can't wait to visit you in Cali! I also like your swimsuit. Sorry for the random train of thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete