Thursday, November 18, 2010

How cute is my hubby?

I fall more in love with my husband for the little things he does all the time, such as doing the dishes, or making sure we read scriptures together. This one wasn't so "little"....

We're flying to Michigan on my birthday so he wanted to celebrate early. He escaped to our garage for a while tonight with the excuse that he was going through some old things. When I came down to get something out of my car, he came back inside through the other door. I returned to find 25 presents in our living room. He told me I could open them all tonight or open a few each day until we leave. They were so cute I couldn't stop. Each one had a note attached. They ranged from practical things that I've needed/wanted, such as new measuring cups and spoons, to funny things like a High School Musical key chain, to fun things like the Toy Story Midway Mania game similar to our favorite Disneyland ride. (It's like a video game you plug into your TV-so cool!) A few of my other favorites are things he picked out for me: a scarf, nail polish, lotions from Victoria Secret, and shoes (the note said Because girls just gotta have new shoes!). Also, new slippers with a note that says "Because I love you from head to footsie!" and hair ties that say "Because I love finding these all over our house" (hmm...sarcastic?) and the one that made me cry: a tiny baby dress with a note that said "You're going to be the best mom". As I was still drying my tears, I opened a package of adult diapers that said, "Because I will love to change your diapers someday". That even made me cry. He's so thoughtful and always keeps me laughing. Love him!

2 comments:

  1. To answer your question posted in your heading.....your hubby is very cute.....and sweet....and creative!! We sure appreciate him! I have a co-worker who would like to send her son-in-law over to mine to be trained. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I need to learn how to do that coupon thingy...maybe we should fly you home for some mini classes on the subject..You are doing great with this domestic engeneer degree you are earning!!!

    ReplyDelete