Sunday, February 6, 2011

One Year Anniversary

In a way it seems hard to believe we have been married one year, until I think back to that cold, but wonderful week in Boston and all that has happened since. It has definitely been an amazing year. We are enjoying the time we have now, just the two of us, while we can spontaneously leave for a day or two. Cali is a fun place to live as newlyweds because there is so much to do. We haven't been bored and probably never will be as long as we live here. People often say the first year of marriage tends to be the hardest but I wouldn't label our year that way at all. We have made a happy home in California together, and aside from missing our family, things couldn't get any better so far. If anything, moving away has brought us closer. I couldn't ask for a better husband and friend.

The highlights of our first year together:

Making new friends that are our family away from family

Kyle's new job with Merrill Lynch and passing two major tests that secured his new career

Kristen building a clientele at work that is (finally) continuing to grow

Having my parents, all of our siblings, nieces and nephews, and some friends come to visit us

Our annual passes to the happiest place on earth (aka Disneyland) and being able to experience that with our nieces and nephews

Several road trips to Utah and lots of time with our family there

2 trips to Michigan

A week (late honeymoon) in Cancun!

For our anniversary we went to the temple in Newport Beach and then stayed at the Hilton Suites in Anaheim so we could watch the Christmas fireworks at Disneyland. People rave about how great they are and I was so excited because we were supposed to be able to see them from our room on the tenth (and top) floor. And then it rained. A lot. So there were no fireworks. Not outside at least. ;)

We brought 2 of our favorite games to play. Is that lame? We played while we watched movies. We don't have cable at home so it's always a treat for us to watch TV at hotels.

8 comments:

  1. I love that post. You have had a great year! I don't think you told me about your anniversary celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SERIOUSLY!? It's been a YEAR!? That means I haven't seen you in a YEAR!!! We must fix this soon. Next time you're in Michigan lets plan a get together. Indiana isn't that far away right...? haha.

    Anyway, congrats to you both, you are such a darling couple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful year to me! Happy Anniversary you two!! And hey girl, whatever you and Kyle do to have fun together isn't lame, it's special to you and that's what matters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, I love this post. Very sweet. I'm glad you had a great anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! It sounds like you have a wonderful life. I'd love to come visit somethime. How is it that Jim and the girls have all been to Cali and I've never been?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know Gail, but we need to fix this ASAP. Come!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary and I'm still LOL about the "fireworks".

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so Happy for you and Kyle! Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete