Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Update

I'm really hesitant to say this because every time I do I seem to jinx myself, but I'm feeling a LOT better than I was a few weeks ago. I have my moments...like when I overeat (is that really just one word? I was fully expecting a red line underneath) even just a teeny bit. Or when I ride in the car for more than 10 minutes....or on a plane. You get the picture. I'm 14 weeks, and most likely we are going to cheat and get an early ultrasound in a couple weeks. Partly because we're excited to find out the gender, and partly because I want to make sure there's just one little peanut in there.

We are feeling pretty settled and loving our new home! I had a nice surprise/early birthday present when I returned home from MI-Kyle bought us a beautiful new bedroom set. It was on our list of things we didn't need right away, but I think he could tell that the lack of drawers for our clothing was getting to me. We still had them in boxes and totes because I didn't know where to put them. I've also had a really sore back, and the new mattress seems to be helping!

Last night our Bishopric came over to meet us. When one of them called and asked if they could, I thought maybe just the counselors so I was surprised to see all three standing at our doorstep. That meant a lot to us because we know they are very busy men. We chatted for a while, and before they left offered something so sweet. They asked if they could give Kyle a blessing, and then assist Kyle in giving me a blessing. Our house was filled with so much love from these men that we had just barely met. They were the nicest guys. It was really hard for me to leave California, mostly because of our ward and the great friends we made in it, and honestly I haven't been too excited to start attending a new one here. But now I feel a hundred times better, and am excited for Sunday!

Even thought I'm just barely in my 2nd trimester, I'm starting to feel like we don't have much time left before we have a new baby and our world is going to change. I really want to take advantage of the time we have left just the two of us. Don't get me wrong, I'm VERY excited for April, but I know things will never be the same after that. I have this sudden urge to get away and do as many fun things with Kyle as we can because I know it won't be as easy (or even possible) come April. So, since I happen to have tomorrow and Thursday off, we are planning a little getaway. We don't know for sure where, but we definitely want to stop in St. George and see the Erkelens who are visiting Lindsey's parents. Besides that, I have no good ideas. None. We talked about Vegas but we did that a few times when we lived in Cali, and unless we want to spend money (we don't) on a show or something, we don't know what we'll do there. Not to mention the 5 hour drive. Bleh. It's times like this when I REALLY miss California. We never ran out of new things to do, in fact we barely made a dent in our bucket list. If only the beach or Disneyland were an option this weekend....

4 comments:

  1. all sounds good! i'm sure you guys will find something to do this weekend. have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so happy for you guys! Sounds like this weekend will be a wonderful and well deserved vacation. If you can't think of anything else, you could always just stay in St. George. There are several things to do there, historical church sites, Snow Canyon, shopping,or even just stay at the hotel and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really neat about your bishopric. And so cute about Kyle buying a bedroom set. Funny, I was just thinking when I saw your photos that I thought you had said you didn't have one yet! Remind me to show you some pictures of something really cool a friend of mine did with yellow and gray in her bedroom, when you get ready to work on it! Have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel about that time with your hubby being so precious. Enjoy every moment with him honey! I'm sure you will have a wonderful weekend together no matter what you decide to do :)

    ReplyDelete