Tuesday, January 5, 2010

WE'RE IN LOVE....

With our new home! Yucaipa is a town close to the mountains, about 20 minutes from Riverside. Every night there has been a gorgeous sunset which we have a great view of from our balcony. The palm trees were what really got me. Our first day here, just before Yucaipa we passed a Walmart lined with palm trees and I could hardly contain my excitement. There's something about going into Walmarts like these (which I have done 5 times since Friday) that is unlike any other. Kyle and I both agree that it feels like we're on vacation. Minus the shopping trips. We really have been to Walmart 5 times, as well as a couple trips to Lowe's, Home Depot, Kohl's, Bed Bath and Beyond, IKEA, and a few other furniture stores. I love to shop, but we moved into a completely unfurnished apartment and we had to get everything, including a refrigerator, so I've had my fill for a while. But the warm weather overpowers any mood I'm in. By Saturday I was already sick of stores, but all it took was a glance outside at the clear, sunny sky and I was out the door. That ended up being a fun trip because we finally registered. I had thought that with a three day weekend we would be able to unpack and be completely settled in by Monday but it has been really tiring and more work than I anticipated. I found out this week that I had mono the week of my wedding and technically still do. Maybe that has something to do with it. Kyle's convinced that he has it also, because we're both ready for bed by 8 or 9. If I see a swollen, white, puss-covered throat I'll be convinced too. :) But really, he has been working really hard since we arrived. After buying a refrigerator, kitchen table and chairs, a couch, end tables, etc. and putting them all together in one day, even the couch (sofa bed), I'd say he has reason to be exhausted! He has been selling in LA this week, which is quite the drive with all the traffic. He is already an amazing husband and I'm so lucky to be able to spend my life with him. We're both sad to have had to leave family and friends, but we know this is where we're supposed to be right now and we're excited for the adventure we're going to experience together. We already love it here!

Pictures are coming!

1 comment: