Thursday, January 14, 2010

What we have already learned about each other:

I've learned that Kyle doesn't despise ALL chick flicks. I was shocked a few days after our wedding when he found the movie "Miracle on 34th street" and couldn't wait to watch it. And then, a few days later when he was super excited to see that the movie "Overboard" was playing on t.v. And then, the day we were packing to move, he took a break and watched part of THE PARENT TRAP on t.v. And then said he liked it! Even my sister makes fun of me for watching movies like that. Okay, maybe they're not exactly chick flicks, but they definitely have romance. Usually if there is so much as a girl on the cover of a movie, he refuses to watch it. Maybe he is more like his dad than I thought. And that is a great thing. :)

I've also learned that he is the greatest husband ever. He insists on doing the dishes after dinner, brings me flowers for no reason, makes sure we pray together every night and every morning, makes me laugh all the time....I could go on and on.

What Kyle has learned about me:
I'm a little OCD about colors (to be honest, I've just sort of realized this myself). It started with planning our wedding. I wasn't really picky about anything, except that I wanted us to match really well. I wanted my flowers to match my shoes, and Kyle's vest and tie to match my flowers. And then, when we moved into our apartment, I wanted the furniture to match in each room. I teased Kyle about painting his dresser so it would match the bookshelf. He would have let me, but I didn't want to ruin it. Our bedroom and living room are officially brown, while the office is still a mix of brown and black. Someday we will fix it. But Kyle kept teasing me the day we moved in. He would bring ridiculous objects into a room, like a kitchen spatula, and ask, "Are you sure we can have this in here? Does it match?"

For the record, I'm not OCD about other peoples' homes, just my own. :)

When I asked him what he's learned about me so far he said that I'm a good cook, but I'm sure he was just trying to flatter me. I've just been making the basics, like spaghetti. We're both trying to eat more healthy and it's been hard coming up with healthy meals for just two people that aren't really expensive to make. I would love any ideas...

9 comments:

  1. Okay, I like all those movies you mentioned. I believe I make fun of you for movies like "She's the Man," and "High School Musical." Not quite the same, Sister!

    I have some recipes I could send you. I told Brianne I would do the same thing. One of these days I'll make some copies and mail them out. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might want to invest in a George Foreman grill if you don't have one (or register for one!) I do chicken breasts on that all the time. You can get a bag of frozen chicken breasts at Wal-Mart fairly cheap. I marinate them in McCormick Grill Mates marinade. It's a seasoning packet that you mix with oil, vinegar, and water. We like Tomato, Garlic & Basil for chicken.

    We also do steaks on the George Foreman, and marinade them. Watch for sales!

    Of course, I'm forgetting that you live in California, and you can grill OUTDOORS anytime you want! But the George Foreman is really fast and easy. Just make sure you get one with removable trays for easier cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kyle has a George Foreman but we forgot to bring it. We registered for a bigger one.

    And Steph, I was just talking about Parent Trap, not the others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might want to make sure the one you registered for has removable trays for washing. I almost bought Jeremy one for Christmas that didn't. Makes clean-up a pain! It seemed like the one I have was the only kind with removable trays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Has he learned that you are a sexy beast yet?

    - Elaine -

    PS: I hope only ur family reads these comments ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you guys are enjoying your time together. Don't worry, Peyton won't know you missed his B-Day. Can't wait to see you in the next couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meg was able to get on here through an old link on the blog but I haven't been able to lately. . .has that been fixed yet! Love hearing the updates!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. glad to hear that you are only learning positives about each other! Well other than your OCD haha. I miss you guys, can't wait til you come home for a few. We are probably moving on Feb 15th, I CAN'T WAIT! will you be here? Anyway hope you are enjoying the Cali snow and rain, LoVe YoU~

    ReplyDelete