Thursday, February 9, 2012

30 weeks!!



I suppose I should spice it up and wear a little color for some of these pictures, but since I took the first couple wearing black I feel the need to do them all that way. And it helps that it's supposed to be a more flattering color. Not sure it still works when you're pregnant, but I tell myself that.

I was excited about the 30 week mark until I had a dream the other night that she was born. Then I woke up. I just layed there and thought..........TEN. Ten more WEEKS?! Suddenly it seems like a lot when I think of it as 1/4 of my pregnancy. Especially since the first month didn't really count. Or when I think of how uncomfortable I already am. I know I know, it's only going to get worse. Everyone assures me of that, and I believe them. I'm either a baby, or my back is worse than most, because tonight we went to our first prenatal class where I was the least furthest along (everyone else was around 34 weeks and up) and I felt like I was the only one squirming. I can't sit still for more than a few minutes. Church has been especially hard for me lately because I'm pretty sure they keep the thermostat at 90 degrees. I've had to leave early the last two weeks to keep from passing out.

Okay enough complaining. I really am getting so excited, especially after the class tonight! She went over a lot of simple things, like terminology I already know, and things my doctor has told me. But there were definitely some good things to be reminded of, and a lot of new information as well, such as hospital procedures, etc. It was really interesting to me and I'm excited to go again next week. Definitely scared me a little too though. I could have gone without seeing the epidural needle and the forceps-some things are better left to the imagination. But for the most part, it just made me want to have this baby tonight! I can't want to hold her, and to watch Kyle hold her, and to see what she looks like! There were a few times during the class that I actually started tearing up. Luckily my allergies are sort of acting up, so hopefully nobody knew the difference. I'm so excited to share that day with Kyle and to meet our baby for the first time. He was cracking me up tonight. The last few months I've been getting these uncontrollable giggles where I can't stop laughing, and I had to tell him to stop making comments under his breath in class because I was afraid I was going to lose it. The very first thing the nurse did was pull out a fake placenta. Kyle, who I knew had to be holding in a chuckle, leaned in and whispered, "I think I'm too immature for this". I nodded and replied, "I think you are too." I had just been thinking the very same thing. But I thought I was the mature one, and then even I had to hold back a snicker several times during the class. Kyle is nervous for next week because we are watching "the" video. He told me a few different times tonight that he really doesn't know if he can "do it". He was dead serious. I told him nicely that he would, and that I didn't feel the slightest bit sorry for him. :)

When we got home I asked whether the class made him more excited or just nervous. His response was, "I'm not nervous, I just realized it's not very.....(long pause...I was already nodding, expecting the next word to be "easy").....pretty." As my jaw is dropping he quickly adds, "And it seems a little scary." Hmmm.

I love love love my husband. But thank GOODNESS for my mother and mother-in-law who are not allowed to leave my side that day, because it's very possible Kyle will be passed out on the floor!

4 comments:

  1. I think Kyle will surprise you. My friend, Jay, acted the same way while his wife was pregnant and even while I was there for a while in the early labor at the hospital. But he was fine! Kyle will be strong for you...especially if he knows how much you want him there.

    So excited for you!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...lol......loved the post. Again, you look great!

    I agree with Sarah. If Mitch can look at an epidural needle and not bat an eye, there must be something about this process that makes men forget their fears. (Maybe that it's their wife lying there and not them :)

    I'm getting so excited too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Josh said the same things too! However we had to have an emergency c-section so not sure how regular birthing will go for us if we go that route this time! You look absolutely adorable! I'm sorry you're so uncomfortable already!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even stand how cute you are! I am so sad that I can't see you in person! I loved every minute of reading this post. You did a good job describing it, I felt like I was there in the class with you guys (and I wish I was.) Love you both. It's coming so soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete