Thursday, February 23, 2012

Nursery pictures!



We still have a few things to add, like cushions on the chair, a changing pad and cover, crib mattress pad, etc. But for the most part the nursery is done, and the closet literally can't hold any more clothes! Can you believe all of the clothes in this picture, both hanging and in the drawers, are just Newborn-3 months??!! And can you believe this....not one of them was bought by me!! (I have, however, gotten a couple dresses and sleepers in a larger size, which are stuffed away in that gray tote.) I'm really hoping she's small enough that she'll actually get to wear her newborn clothes. I may just have to play lots of dress up with her the first few weeks of her life so that I can see her in everything!




A big thanks to my friends and sister-in-law that have given us lots (and LOTS) of adorable hand-me-downs. And to everyone that is already showering her with new things. I think it's safe to say our little Bentlee is going to be one SPOILED baby. If you can't tell by the nursery, we love her already and are getting so anxious for her arrival!

The theme for the room was inspired by the blanket that is over the crib. I found it at the mall back when I was only a couple months pregnant and I decided then and there that I wanted a giraffe print theme. I had the idea for the wall, but my super talented sister-in-law Amber helped me carry it out and I definitely couldn't have done it without her. It actually ended up being a lot easier than we thought, and so much fun. Kyle painted the whole room light yellow and in the meantime I found a giraffe print I liked online and had a transparency made. We rented a projecter from the library (who knew?) and projected it on the wall, and Amber and I traced and painted! It was her idea to do Bentlee's name in vinyl lettering, and Kyle even picked the font. Cute, or cute?










I copied my friend Lindsey's bow holder idea. She used a large, really cute vintage looking frame and after searching several places for a similar one with no luck, I finally settled on these frames that I had just sitting in my closet. Almost ALL of the bows in this picture were made by one of my friends in California. I can't tell her enough how much I love them. I may need to get some more frames....

Did I mention our baby is SPOILED??

7 comments:

  1. I already told you this, but I love it! You did a great job! So cute.

    I still keep thinking that life size stuffed giraffe I saw at the mall would look great in the corner......... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. I don't know...I already have two giraffe stuffed animals that are different shades of brown. Not sure I should add too many more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bentlee's room is adorable! You and Kyle did such a great job. Can't wait to see pictures of her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That one giraffe is the one I got her right? Just making sure! I've already said it, but I love it! It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aah that giraffe wall is the cutest thing I've ever seen! I love it! Really beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, both You & the room!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love her nursery and her name!!! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete