Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Aunt Stephanie

Or maybe Steph or Stephie? We're not sure yet. I guess we will let Bentlee decide someday. I received the name "Kiki" once Skyler started talking at 9 months. What I do know now is that we are so lucky to have a sister and aunt that care about us enough to leave her family and fly here all the way from Michigan for a week! We had so much fun and Steph was in heaven snuggling Bentlee all week. It was nice for me to have a shopping buddy. We went lots! And you can bet that every time my daughter started fussing her Aunt scooped her up within seconds. I'm pretty sure it is no coincidence that she suddenly despises her car seat! When I said something about her spoiling my baby, she came back with something sarcastic about me doing the same with her girls. Touche. :)



Basically our time together consisted of cuddling baby, shopping, movies, and too much eating out, which is an excellent week in my book. I took Steph to the Tanger Outlets in Park City, one of my favorite places to shop in Utah. Carter's has become a dangerous place for me. Other than a swim suit from Target, the only 2 times I have bought clothing for Bentlee have been at that Carter's. We also went to the new City Creek Center in downtown Salt Lake where we met one of Steph's friends for lunch. I'm glad I had an excuse to check it out because it was really fun. My aunts, who run a preschool and daycare together, arranged their schedules so that they could each spend a day with us. And we all had a GNO (Girls Night Out) together one night. We also spent a lot of time with one of our mutual and best friends, Lindsey, who lives less than an hour from me. The more I'm with her, the more I realize I don't see her enough. Love her and her cute boys! I can't believe we didn't take any pictures of all of us! I don't even have one of Steph and I. Lame.





Saying goodbye to my sister (and all of my family in MI) is never an easy thing to do, but luckily I will see her in just 4 short weeks. Actually, just 3 and a half now! 24 days. But who's counting? :)

2 comments:

  1. lol to Mom. I was going through my pictures to post them to FB, and I seriously had to stop because they were making me miss her too much! I had an incredible time. And like I told you, or tried to before I started bawling, being an aunt is everything I thought it would be and more. I wasn't sure what it would be like now that I have my own children. But the second I heard that Bentlee had come into this world, I was overcome with emotion. I love that little girl more than I could describe in words. Miss you both already. Thanks for being such a great hostess, when you just had a baby!

    ReplyDelete