Thursday, May 17, 2012

Bentlee's blessing day

In our church, babies are given a special blessing and then when they turn 8 they can choose to be baptized. We were excited to be able to have Bentlee's blessing while Steph was here. We chose to do it privately with family and really close friends, instead of at church.

Bentlee's dress is really special to us because my amazing mother-in-law made it with the material from my wedding dress. She kept asking for my opinion on it, but I wanted to be surprised and insisted on her creating it herself. I about died when I saw it. The bottom even looks like my wedding dress did! And it looked even prettier with this adorable baby wearing it, no?

We are blessed to have so many friends and family members close to us here. We felt so much love that day and we appreciate everyone that helped and everyone that attended. All 75 of you! It was such a special day and we are so touched by all the people in our lives who love and care about Bentlee.

I wish I could have snapped my fingers and had my family in MI here for it, but since they weren't, all of these pictures are for them! I will do another post with pictures of everyone there.














3 comments:

  1. Christine Vibber WalberMay 17, 2012 at 10:37 AM

    Beautiful! You are so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful baby and she is so blessed to have two wonderful parents. Thank you for the pictures. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So precious.......wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete