Tuesday, July 2, 2013

One Year

I have a bad habit of starting new posts before I finish others. I guess I'd better finish Bentlee's birthday posts before she turns 2.

I attempted to take her 12 month pictures myself and sort of failed doing so. She was extremely busy that day and crawled away every time I sat her down so I finally gave her a cookie. Needless to say, the best pictures I got were of her stuffing her face. Even though none are perfectly posed, there are lots that turned out cute and brought out her goofy side.











Nicknames: Bentee (came from her cousin Gracie), Bent (I said we would never do it, but here we are), Benz, Benzee

Favorite foods: Yogurt, fruit, pasta (I honestly can't think of anything she doesn't like, at least not consistently. Some things, like avocados, are hit or miss)

Favorite toys: Balls (she has freakishly good aim-her Uncle Jeremy discovered that last time we were home) and lately her baby dolls, and little doll stroller that she carries around instead of pushes

Words she says frequently: Mama/Mom/Mommy, Dada/Daddy, Doggie, Kitty, Baby, Ow, Abby
Words she has said a few times: Skyler, Nana, Papa, Baby, More, Hi, Bye, and other random things she has copied us say


   Stats: 19 lbs 11 oz - 25%
Length: 27 inches - 20%
Head: 18 inches - 70%















 It's hard to put into words how much we love this little girl and how our lives have changed in the most wonderful way this last year. We love her spunkiness as much as we love her sweetness. I love that even thought she's becoming quite independent, like needing to hold her own fork at dinner, she still needs me whenever she's sad or gets hurt. I love the way she points to her rocking chair every morning when I pick her up out of her crib, even if the rocking only lasts for 4 seconds. I love the way that she takes her binki out of her mouth, whether she's blowing a kiss or giving a real one-somehow that makes it more heartfelt. And I LOVE the way she presents me with kisses all on her own at random times throughout the day and gives not 1 or even 2, but 3, 4, or 5 at a time. I love the way she "dances" though I'm not sure it can really be called that, as all she does is shrugs her little shoulders. I love the way she lights up whenever daddy walks in the room, and even the way she prefers him to me sometimes. I love the way she says "Ow" when she runs into something but then keeps on going as if it didn't phase her at all. And I LOVE the way her chubby little legs waddle around clumsily- I'm going to be sad when she walks more steadily. I love the way she climbs up just the first 3 steps on our stairs and then holds onto the railing, smiling as she waits for me to come "scold" her. I don't love the way she pulls everything possible out of our bathroom cupboard while I'm getting ready, and also the kitchen cupboards and drawers while I make dinner I love that she can entertain herself while I'm busy getting ready in the morning, or in the kitchen making meals. I really, really, love that she still cuddles me, especially when a bottle is involved. I love her developing personality even though the angel status is quickly fading into something some might call an attitude (I guess you can only blame it on teething for so long). I love absolutely EVERYTHING about this child of mine. I feel like she completes us, but I can't get enough of her. Which makes me excited to have more kids in the future, if that makes any sense. If all of our babies are easy and as sweet as Bentlee, we just might have 5 dozen. :)

Here's to the first year of Bentlee's life, the best year of ours, and many wonderful years to come!!


3 comments:

  1. Awwwww......I love everything about her too, and I love this post! Did you tell me she'd said Nana? Pretty sure I would of remembered that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the whole post, and I think you did better than you think with the pictures!! I love the "one" letters, and the whole setup, and she looks adorable and joyful. You can definitely see her personality! P.S. I think Selah and Bentlee are a lot alike from your descriptions, and it makes me wish they could spend more time together! P.S.S. Anytime Selah sees the picture you texted me of her and Bentlee on our fireplace, she remembers her name and exclaims "Bentee!!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her too, and this post made me miss her ten times more than I already did! I'm so grateful you were able to come home so much this year, because I feel like I know her well, and could recognize all the little personality traits you mentioned. I could really go for a binky removal kiss right now!!! Miss and love that little lady more than words can say! Great post!

    ReplyDelete