Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Random

I've started my Michigan post (from our last two trips) and I really need to finish it before we leave for Michigan AGAIN, but today was one of those freak-out days where I feel like I have to time-out and write some things down before I forget.

My baby is growing up so, SO fast. But she is so darn CUTE that I almost can't even stand it.

Randoms from today:
  • Our niece and nephews are staying with us for a few days and I love the way she loves them. It made my day to watch her face light up this morning when she found them downstairs, and again after her nap. She and Abby especially adore each other. We met Kyle in AF for a movie tonight and Bentlee and Abby giggled together in the backseat the whole way there. She seems like such a big girl when she plays with older kids.
And really, does it get any cuter than a mini person with mini watermelon AND mini UNO cards?




  • I about died when I found her all by herself like this, sound effects and all! If our 5 year old truck-loving nephew wasn't staying with us I would be completely baffled.


  • The way she answers me in this video is kinda goofy, but adorable nonetheless.

  • Tonight I asked Bentlee to come to me so I could change her diaper and when she didn't listen I patted the floor in front of me, realizing that is exactly where she gets that from. Ha. But she listened, and when she got to me she turned around, stuck her little booty out at me as she scooted back, then laid down with her head where her bum usually is. HOW do babies know how to be silly like that??
  • At the movie: As we got out of the car I grabbed Bentlee's shoes hoping that we would have the theater to ourselves and she could roam free (no such luck, however, Bentlee sat willingly on our laps as happy as can be) and as we walked inside she pointed to them and said, "shoe" over and over. It sounded more like "jew" but when you're 15 months old that is much more cute than the actual pronunciation. And even though I've heard her say it before, I found it so adorable. I was a little nervous to take her to a movie since she doesn't last long on our laps at church, but she loved it! She started jabbering happily as soon as we sat down, and literally never stopped. I felt bad but I kept shushing her afraid that people would get annoyed with how loud she was being. She kept saying "Uh oh" whenever the music in the movie became loud. And whenever she remembered that there was candy and popcorn surrounding her, you can bet she helped herself. At one point she had both hands in the bag of popcorn saying "No no no" to Kyle as he tried to reach in. Did you know that Bentlee rules the universe? Well now you do.
  • Oh, and my niece and nephews were pretty cute today too. When we sat down in the (Dollar) theater, otherwise known as the Sticky Shoe, 11 year old Stockton crouched down in his seat and said, "I'm scared". I asked why and Abby answered for him, "This is differenter than most movie theaters we go to". I would have been sympathetic if I wasn't laughing so hard.
  • As I was getting Bentlee ready for bed (and apparently smothering her with love) my nephew Peyton asked me, "Kristen, do you like to kiss her a lot?" Ha. 

.......Yes, yes I do.

3 comments:

  1. lol.....great post! Can't wait to see all these things in person, but in the meantime I sure appreciate the descriptions, pictures and videos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And to top it off, she woke up during the night (she does that sometimes when she poos) and was sooooo sweet and cuddly. If I didn't have to pee so bad I would have rocked her until morning!

    ReplyDelete