Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Easter

We were hoping to spend Easter/conference weekend in Easter with family, but my work schedule didn't really allow it. We spent most of the weekend at home, but we spent Easter with some good friends of ours, Cody and Laura Shirley. Cody works for Old American, and he is the one that suggested we move to Yucaipa. He even came and looked at our apartment for us when Kyle found it online. They have two kids, Max, 3, and Layla, 6 months. We love them. We usually get together with them every Sunday to play games. It was a nice, relaxing day, complete with the excitement of an earthquake. We felt the big one in Baja, Mexico. I felt another one just a few days later. We've been working on our food storage and 72 hour kits. It's interesting because when we first moved here earthquakes never phased people around here, but lately there has been a lot more talk of emergency preparedness. I've even seen "earthquake survival kits" displayed in stores. Sorry if I'm freaking our moms out....


The two of us colored Easter eggs just for fun


My masterpiece


Kyle's masterpiece. Can you guess his next move?





3 comments:

  1. Kyle is such a Haskell Boy! But ya gotta love em':)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol.......Kyle makes me laugh! And I'm guessing he keeps you laughing too. That's a good thing! Your Dad still does that for me, after 29 years. :)

    And yes, the whole earthquake thing freaks me out somewhat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there anything to say besides LOL??? I was disappointed you didn't share the Barney story from Hollywood. I still laugh when I think about it!

    ReplyDelete