Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Kyle

Although we're not ready for it quite yet, I have to say I'm very excited to start a family, and for Kyle to become a daddy. One of the first things that attracted me to him was his love for children. On our first date he showed me pictures on his phone of his nieces and nephews. Some may say this was just a way to impress me, but I know he was being sincere. I can tell he really misses his nieces and nephews. He's so great with children, and I thought I would post some cute pictures of him I've taken lately. (Not gonna lie-some were taken just for this purpose) Kyle's nephews and nieces adore him, as well as any other child he comes in contact with. All of our friends we've made here have children, and anytime we're with them, Kyle spends half the time playing with their kids. Our friends Ashley and Taylor have a little girl, Callie, who adores him. Every Sunday at church I notice her looking around and when I see her grinning from ear to ear I know she's found what she's looking for. Kyle's best little buddy here is our 7 year old neighbor, Blake. Blake's mom/friend of ours, Kendra, lives in the apartment behind us and has Blake every other week. On those weeks, we can expect a visit from Blake a few times each day. Judging by the 7:00 or 8:00 am knocks at the door, Kyle must be the first thing on his mind when he wakes up. They like to play basketball and baseball outside. If Blake ever stops by when Kyle's not here, he's always sure to check back within an hour or two. Kyle is a busy guy-when he's not working he's doing school work or something productive. He's always multi-tasking. When there's a BYU or Jazz game on, he'll be doing school work while he watches it. He's always willing to stop and spend time with Blake, however, even when he's busy. I've even noticed him missing part of a game to go outside and play, and that, my friends, is big! Blake doesn't really have friends around here, so he's thrilled to have met Kyle. It melts my heart to see him with children and how they light up around him. I can't wait to see him with our own children. They are going to be so lucky to have such a great daddy.



And in case I didn't make it clear in the beginning, I'm not pregnant. :)



Our nephew Peyton. We spent lots of time with them the last time we were in Utah-they were staying with Grandma and Grandpa while Amber and Andy were on a cruise.

Our niece Abby


Our niece Alydia


Our niece Skyler-the first and only time he has met her. She loved him of course. It didn't hurt that he showed her princess pictures on his computer.

This is Max, Cody and Laura's little boy. I love how he's resting his arm on Kyle.

This is the famous Callie. She's always so happy when Kyle is around.

7 comments:

  1. That's really neat that Kyle loves kids so much. When Skyler was here last weekend, I said something about you and Kyle coming to visit, and she immediately brought up how Kyle showed her pictures of princesses on the computer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Where's a pic of Blake though? Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait till you have a baby! He/she will not only have a great Daddy, but an awesome Mommy too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, Kyle is going to be a great dad. Our kids do adore him. It's so cute that they consider him their friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Haskell boys are all awesome with the kids. I know my kids love playing with you and Kyle. I am so lucky that I married into such a great family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a sweet post! We too love Kyle and couldn't be happier that he brought you in to our family. I am so excited to see you guys in June. I really can't wait. I want to come visit you guys really bad too, I will have to figure out a date and see if it works for you guys. I miss you two. You forgot to mention how great you are with our kids as well. Not too many Aunts have their nieces come sleep over. We just love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was going to say, I better not be finding out Kristen's Pregnant on the BLOG!! I am so excited for you and Kyle to start a family! You are both going to be AWESOME, but then you would have to be with such AMAZING role models, ;) hehe!!

    ReplyDelete