Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Update

Nothing too exciting has been going on here lately, but since this is the closest I've been to journal writing lately, I thought I should post an update.

The soonest thing we have to look forward to is a visit from Kyle's brother, Andy and his family! They are arriving on May 28th and are staying a week. We get them for the first few days and then they're are staying near Disneyland. We're so excited to be able to spend so much time with them. It has been fun planning things to do while they're here. Kyle and I decided we need to invest in some toys for our apartment, which we should do before they come. We've had a few friends visit with us and their poor children are bored to death here. My latest trick is Yatzee (it's the closest thing we have to a toy) and feeding them dry cereal, however, I may not get away with doing that the whole time Amber and Andy are here.

We bought our tickets to MI for June so we're excited about that! My sister is due May 18th which is in just a few weeks, and as much as I would have loved to try and make it for the birth, it was easier to just plan for a few weeks after. I'm a little selfish because part of the reason I wanted to go later was so that I would have more one on one time with my new niece. It's actually working out really well, because Kyle's nephew Stockton is getting baptized on June 5th, and Kyle's best friend Benny is getting married the 12th, so we're driving to Utah the 4th so we can be there for Stockton's baptism, then flying to MI from SL that evening, and coming back the day before Benny's wedding. It will be the perfect 2 weeks, being able to see all of our friends and family.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So excited for you to come! Are garage sales popular there? Garage sale season is just starting here, and I was thinking that would be a good way for you to stock up on a few cheap toys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are super excited too. The kids keep asking me everyday if we are coming tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete