Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Hollywood

Kyle has Fridays off and I didn't have any appointments Friday afternoon so we decided to go to Hollywood. It was our first time and I was pretty excited. Instead of finding the normal "tourist" place to view the Hollywood sign, we just followed our GPS and ended up right next to it. I don't do so well driving on super narrow, windy roads so when I almost crashed head on into a fancy BMW, we paused for a little chinese fire drill. The road was super crowded with houses along the way, even some right up near the sign. I should have taken a picture of some of them, it was nuts.




This picture goes out to my fellow MJ fans. When I was little, my sister, cousins, and one of my mom's daycare kids and I had a Michael Jackson fan club. Obviously, we were really cool.
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjm4osI2lWtVfndV1pTCm5F_X11z671FqmOoA7nOulgETvrboQ5-LWLz_w4SrjoQRc_HQQn9PZKAdP2CTtAVbheKDJjkZSr5UjYha8Wfo30W6LpwZDPAXv0Z31-NaRS7ldag5otqjcXFdSE/s1600/DSC00602.JPG">


We didn't want to pay the money for a tour to see movie stars' homes, so we just went for a drive and pretended we were on a tour. We looked for huge houses in Beverly Hills and pretended they belonged to someone famous. We even followed a couple tour buses for a while but we couldn't hear what they were saying so it was kind of pointless. Someday we want to go back and do it. I got to thinking later that we should go on one and write everything down so that when people come to visit us we can just take them on a tour ourselves. Anyway, the last two pictures are of Rodeo Drive, where Pretty Woman is filmed.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Carlee and I have a picture of us by the Michael Jackson star and we are grabbing our crotches in true MJ style... Very classy :) I loved your shoutout about our Michael Jackson Fan Club! We were SO cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! We took Sarah to Hollywood when she came out after graduation! Fun memories! Love ME

    ReplyDelete