Friday, December 21, 2012

Happy Anniversary to us!

Wednesday was our 3rd Anniversary. We decided to celebrate last week by going to the play the Christmas Carol at the Hale Center Theater in Orem. Kyle used to go every year with his family but it was my first time and I LOVED it. He also took me to Tucano's Brazillian Grill for my first time which is pretty famous here in Provo. I love date nights with that guy, whether it's a spontaneous dollar movie during the week, or a "fancy" date like last week. In some ways it feels like we were married yesterday, but at the same time I can hardly remember my life without Kyle.

I would define us both as the romantic type, but we are more private about it. We're not ones for gushing about each other on Facebook. I think that takes away the romance for me a little. And if I did, I would never be able to put into words how I feel about this guy. But I guess since this is our family's blog, and because I've been feeling so incredibly blessed lately, I'm in the mood to gush. I often wonder how I got to be so lucky. In the past I have made Kyle a list of reasons I love him for our Anniversary. Since having Bentlee, my love for him has grown so much that I didn't even know where to start. I've never known anybody as patient and positive as he is. I've honestly never even seen him have a bad day. The most frustrated he has been, at least in the last 4 years I have known him, has been with our insurance company (long story) and I would bet everything I own that there wasn't even a cuss word thrown. :) Sometimes I wonder if he's human, or if I'm actually living a fairy tale life of someone like Bella from Twilight. Because of his great attitude, he makes it easy to communicate with. He has never once raised his voice at me or talked down to me, which means more to me than he will ever know. He is selfless, putting everyone else (especially Bentlee and I) first. He loves the Lord and makes his church callings a priority, and he works extremely hard at his job in order to provide for us. He encourages my role as a stay-at-home mom, but also supports my little side job doing lashes and helps with Bentlee as much as possible while I work.

And then there are the "little" things that are much bigger than he knows. From asking about my day each day, to the flowers he often brings me for no reason. And how he checks on Bentlee first thing when he wakes up and right before he goes to bed. He has far exceeded my expectations for a husband and father of my children, and we have only spent 3 years of our life together. He is truly my best friend. There's no one else I would rather talk to or spend time with. I love that we share a special love for Bentlee that nobody else has for her. I love that she is OURS and that we, as well as the other children we bring into this world, will be together forever. For an eternity. And that makes me happier than I could have ever imagined.

                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment