Saturday, March 30, 2013

Maddie's play

Last night we attended the Bentlee Show the play "Peter Pan" in which our 12 year old neighbor, Maddie, played the role of Wendy. Lets just say, Bentlee was a big fan. Whenever the kids on stage would raise their voices, Bentlee thought she needed to as well. She clapped and squealed at inappropriate times, and when the kids ran through the audience she could hardly contain her excitement. I honestly can't tell you if the people around us, including Maddie's family, enjoyed the play more than the entertainment in my lap. Maddie's grandparents behind us kept urging me to get her on video so I finally tried which of course is when she brought it down a few notches.






But in all seriousness the play was great, and "Wendy" was fantastic. I can't believe what an actress AND singer our little Maddie is. Bentlee and I will be rooting for her all the way to Hollywood. I don't think I've blogged much about our neighbors, but we love them. They are currently looking for a new house and I will be so sad to see them go. Maddie and Ethan are just about the sweetest kids in the world, and I want them as Bentlee's baby-sitters and role models forever!!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww.......so cute! You wouldn't even be able to take most children that age to something like that, much less have them be so engaged!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny! I was going to say the same thing as Mom. Bentlee is about the only child that age that could even go to a show like that!

    ReplyDelete