Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Michigan in January

I never posted pictures from Michigan earlier this year. There are so many trips home that I literally lose track! Not a bad problem to have. I planned my trip in January for the week of my Grandma's birthday so I could be there to help celebrate her 80th birthday. My Uncle Tom and Aunt Paula also flew in from Denver. We all had a lot of fun. But the night before her birthday, my Grandma got really sick. She ended up in the hospital and was still there when Bentlee and I flew home. I hated seeing her so sick, but luckily she is okay now and it was nothing serious. I'm still bummed that the actual dinner we had planned for her didn't work out, but hopefully she knows how much we love her!

As always, we had lots of family to see!

On my way upstairs to put Bentlee to bed on our last night there, we passed my mom and Bentlee dove for her arms. I think it made it a little harder for Nana to say good-bye :(


Bentlee has been falling asleep on us a lot lately, but 2 months ago when this was taken, she didn't. Both of my Grandma's seem to have the magic touch!


Staring contest with Sarah and Alex

I promised a date with Skyler because she was really sad that Gracie got to spend more time with us that week

Tic tac toe with Aunt Gail
Puppet shows with Papa
Drums with papa (I have a cute video that I need to post)
Euchre with Tom, Paula and Grandma

Presh.

The teenage-like tantrum Skyler threw when she found out Gracie was going to Nana and Papa's for a couple days with Bentlee and I (Skyler had school), complete with nose blowing and door-slamming. It was sad...but mostly hilarious.

Brianne and Selah came to hang with us in Mason for the day! The girls adore each other.

I can't get over how sweet it was that Bentlee kept cuddling my Grandma!
Tea parties with Skyler





I think Bentlee stole my Uncle Tom's heart. He got a kick out of her perma-grin. He kept telling her, "Stop smiling!" I didn't work. :)


She found lots of doors to shut- one of her favorite past times.

She took baths with cousins- it was extra fun because we don't have cool bath toys at home
                                 

These were taken at the airport on the way to Michigan. As always, she made lots of friends. People always thank us for the entertainment during the flight. The only time she ever fusses on a plane is when I try to get her to lie down and take a nap. She won't have it. She has to be smiling and flirting and waving and touching and playing peek-a-boo with everyone around us!


On the way home- she was on the floor crawling around for a good 20 minutes until I finally noticed a dark spot on her pants. She had the world's BIGGEST blow-out. The good news is that we weren't on the plane yet, the bad is that we had to throw away my favorite leggings. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment