Friday, September 14, 2012

5 MONTHS

This last month has flown by. I can't think of much that has changed since her 4 month post. She gets more fun every day though. Everyone comments on how happy and calm she is. This is usually the case until mommy is doing lashes and then she needs attention. 

She's rolling ALL over the place, which also make doing lashes a little harder these days. She can be on the opposite end of a room within seconds. The new project in our house right now is working on shutting the door in the kitchen that leads downstairs. I was thinking we had until she starts crawling to get into the habit. I forgot about rolling and scooting!

I'm still trying to figure out how to get her to take more consistent and longer naps. She's such a good sleeper at night, but during the day she takes tiny cat naps. And she most certainly does not appreciate being put in her crib during the day.

Her 4 month appt took place a couple weeks ago because we were in MI for so long. These were her stats:

12 lbs 3 oz - 15th percentile
25 in long - 70th percentile

So far she has done really well with her shots. At both her 2 month and 4 month appointment she screamed when they poked her but calmed down as soon as I scooped her up. Breaks my heart, but I'm glad she is consoled so easily. 

We've got some chub in the thighs people!

Nursing is going much better which I am really grateful for. We've only supplemented a few times since MI, and I took her in on Wednesday to have her weighed and she has gained 6 oz in 2 weeks!

My favorite thing right now is how excited Bentlee gets when she sees us. Especially if she's on the floor or in her bouncy and we walk in the room. She kicks her legs and arms as if she can't contain her excitement. But she always assumes she's getting picked up so imagine the heart break for both of us when she starts fussig while I'm doing lashes and I come to her, give her her binky, and walk away. :( :(

She always has, and still does love watching TV. If it's on, and I'm changing her diaper on the floor she will crane her neck so she can see. I've heard that they're linking ADHD with babies watching TV so I've become a little paranoid about that...

A cute/funny trait of Bentlee's is that she sneezes when she sees the sun or a really bright room. Her daddy does the same thing. It's one of the first things I learned about Kyle when we started dating. I heard once that 30% of people do this, so I'm sure it's not hereditary or anything, but for some reason I find it adorable that Bentlee does it also We first noticed it when she was just a couple days old.

She loves little kids, especially my cousin Jenn's one-year old, Bynlee. We were walking around Target one day with Bentlee in the back of the cart and Brynlee sitting in front. Every time Brynlee turned around Bentlee laughed harder than she ever has before. It was hilarious. It figures that she finds a small child looking at her hilarious, when we attempt to make her laugh all day with tickling and funny faces and noises.

Up until just a couple weeks ago she was so serious everywhere we went, and the minute we returned home she would be all smiles. I was finally able to get her to laugh for my neighbor the other day. It might have something to do with being tired and worn out, or some might call it a coincidence, but Kyle and I are convinced she just really likes going to Grandma and Grandpa Haskell's, because EVERY Sunday (seriously, EVERY) she cries the whole way home. 

I can now sleep better at night because my daughter has become a great little shopper! I was worried. But We took her with us on our date last night to see Spiderman and she was perfect. But then what television-loving baby wouldn't be happy seated in front of a ginormous movie screen? I, However, felt better once she  fell asleep.


I can't get enough of these lips

















The only good thing about how fast time is flying, besides the fact that she gets cuter and more fun each day, is that our next trip to MI is coming faster! Bentlee and I are going for a family reunion and will be gone 6 days.We leave in 3 and a half weeks already!

3 comments:

  1. I love all the pictures! She is really starting to look older! I can't get enough of her lips either. There is something about her expression, when she sort of purses her lips. I almost think she has a hint of sass? Miss her! And I loved the story of her laughing at Brynlee. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a doll! Can't wait to spend more time with her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hearing all of the Bentlee stories! I can't get over how much she and Selah resemble each other, with their big blue eyes and similarly shaped face. Their lips are different though. Can't wait to see you guys SOON!

    ReplyDelete