Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Fishing with Papa

One of my favorite pictures ever. I think my mom and sister have ones of all the girls smiling.
One of my other favorite pictures. This shows my dad in his most glorious state. Outside, on his way to go fishing, and with his family. Life doesn't get much better than that for him. 



My dad was excited to catch the biggest bluegill he has seen in the pond, as well as the biggest bass. Technically, I think Skyler and Mitch caught them. But still.
Gracie wandered off with Jeremy at some point and picked flowers for Nana. Jeremy gave her the water bottle as a vase. It was precious watching her hurrying home to present them.

Dad was so excited the night we went fishing because we discovered there were big bass in the pond that my dad hadn't known about. When Mitch came to Alma we went fishing again Friday night. My dad tried hard to help the girls catch a bass but they kept breaking the line. Mitch was the only one to get a big one. Naturally, at the very same time I caught one of the smallest fish to be caught that weekend. (My dad is holding it for me in the picture above). The next morning my dad and Mitch set out on their own, this time even more serious about these bass. But he weekend would not have been exciting enough without a little trip to Urgent Care, so Mitch hooked his finger. And in his finger it stayed for about 3 hours until the people of Urgent Care finally released him. Mitch needed a tetanus shot anyway, so he had them take the hook out which was a very good thing because it turns out when you get hooked, you have to bring the hook ALL the way out of your skin so they can cut off the little barb, and then unhook it back through. Ahhhhhh.

 In case you were hoping for a visual:

My dad was about to cut the worm off when I stopped him for a picture. Especially considering how he feels about anything of the needle family, Mitch was a good sport!





2 comments:

  1. Lots of good pictures, but I really LOVE that one of your Dad!! I will always remember him turning to me, grinning, and saying "This is awesome!" as our whole family headed back to the pond. :)

    snapfish.....snapfish....snapfish.....lots of good calendar pictures here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see that one of Dad. I want a copy of that. Will you email it to me? I like the ones of Mom and Bentlee too!

    ReplyDelete