Thursday, September 12, 2013

Mimi problems

I've heard good things about the binki cutting solution from several moms, so that has been my plan for Bentlee. At 17 months she is more attached to her mimi than ever before. She usually needs it in the car and for naps, but will sometimes surprise us and go to bed without it, so I've been wanting to get rid of it completely. I spontaneously chose Tuesday night and my first mistake, after listening to her ask for it from her crib, was cutting it downstairs and then bringing it to her while she was already upset. My second mistake was videotaping her reaction, because even though it's a teeny bit funny, it makes me feel worse each time I watch it.



My third mistake was giving her a new binki ten minutes later because I couldn't handle her devastated cries.

So, now what do I do? Advice please.

3 comments:

  1. I love this video! So saddddd. I don't have any advice but I'll be coming to you for some when we get ready to get rid of the binkie! This is uncharted territory for us - already dreading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is completely heartbreaking! As I said when I texted you, she doesn't even throw a fit; she just acts so devastated.......crumbling to her mattress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is completely heartbreaking! As I said when I texted you, she doesn't even throw a fit; she just acts so devastated.......crumbling to her mattress.

    ReplyDelete